Who do I call if I have a sewer line backup?

Call the Utilities Division.  Someone is on call 24 hours a day for water and sewer emergencies. If you are experiencing a sewer backup in your home, call us first. You may be able to avoid an unnecessary service call and charge from a drain company if the problem is in the main line.

During regular business hours of 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., you may call Public Works at 763-755-2880.

At any other time call 911 and Utilities Division personnel will be dispatched to your home to analyze the problem. Also, call the City at 763-755-2880 if you are having your sewer line cleaned. This will help our crews be prepared for any tree roots or other debris that may clog the City’s main lines.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I call if I have a sewer line backup?
2. My water meter needs repair. Who do I call?
3. Does Coon Rapids have summer watering restrictions?
4. When and why are the fire hydrants flushed?
5. My water is discolored, what is wrong?
6. I have no water, or low water pressure what do I do?
7. I’m doing yard work and need to know where underground utilities are located. How do I obtain this information?
8. I'm installing a water softener. What information do I need?