Coon Rapids snowplow crews have been out all day clearing main and secondary roads on Tuesday, Nov. 29. A full plow of the city (all streets, curb-to-curb) will start on Wednesday, Nov. 30 at 3 a.m. Please help by keeping vehicles out of the streets until the plows have gone by and cleared streets curb-to-curb.
Full Plow to Begin at 3 a.m.
- A full plow includes all city-maintained main streets, residential streets and cul-de-sac areas.
- City-maintained sidewalks will be plowed within 48 hours.
Winter Parking Rules
- No street parking between 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. each night.
- No street parking anytime of day or night when there is an accumulation of three inches of snow or more, until the street has been plowed from curb-to-curb.
- Parking can only resume after a snowplow has gone by and the street has been thoroughly cleaned from curb-to-curb.
- Winter parking restrictions are always in effect Nov. 1-April 1.
If a vehicle is blocking the path of a snowplow, the vehicle owner could receive a ticket or the car could be towed.
Garbage & Recycling Bins
- Please keep garbage and recycling carts out of the street, behind the curb.
- City Code requires streets remain free of obstructions so the plow can go by and clean thoroughly.
- Other obstructions must be out of the roadway as well, including basketball hoops, hockey nets and other items.