The City Council approved the 2022 budget on December 7, 2021 which addresses needs while balancing economic conditions. The 2022 City tax levy is $30,990,539 as compared to $29,666,408 in 2021.
- One new police officer to help with increased call volume
- One new firefighter to bring minimum staffing levels to seven people per shift and help with increased call volume
New Fire Station
- $13M for a new Fire Station #3 to be built off Mississippi Blvd. and 111th Ave.
General Fund and Capital Equipment Fund
- $200,000 - Dump truck
- $180,000 - Sidewalk machine with plow
- $500,000 - Police vehicles
- $200,000 - Information technology
2022 Budget Goals
- Provide outstanding service to the community
- Invest in physical assets and infrastructure
- Redevelopment and neighborhood investments
Read the Budget in Brief here.