Crews Out Now, Full Plow Scheduled
Due to steady snowfall expected throughout the day today, snowplow crews began clearing streets Wednesday morning, Jan. 5, beginning at 4:30 a.m. Snowplow crews will continue to clear streets through the afternoon rush hour. The focus is on main roads first and then residential streets. Crews will continue to clear main roads throughout the day and a full plow is scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 6. More updates will be posted, when available.
Please remove all vehicles parked on city streets.
Make way for the plow trucks by keeping vehicles out of the streets until they are cleared curb-to-curb. Overnight parking is NOT allowed.
Winter Parking Rules
- No street parking between 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. each night.
- No street parking anytime of day or night when there is an accumulation of three inches of snow, or until the street has been plowed from curb-to-curb.
- Parking can only resume after a snowplow has gone by and the street has been thoroughly cleaned from curb-to-curb.
- Winter parking restrictions are always in effect Nov. 1-April 1.
If a vehicle is blocking the path of a snowplow, the vehicle owner could receive a ticket or the car could be towed.
- Please keep garbage and recycling carts out of the street, behind the curb.
- City Code requires streets remain free of obstructions so the plow can go by and clean thoroughly.
Please help our snowplow drivers by keeping other obstructions out of the roadway as well (basketball hoops, hockey nets and other items).
Full Plow Begins Thursday, Jan. 6
- A full plow includes all city-maintained main streets, residential streets and cul-de-sac areas.
- A full plow requires several hours to complete depending on how much snow accumulates and how long the snow event lasts. At a minimum, it takes at least 8-10 hours to clear all city roads curb-to-curb after an accumulation of approximately 3 inches.
- City-maintained sidewalks will be plowed within 48 hours after the snow event ends.
Your help is critical as we work to clear the streets and our snowplow drivers truly appreciate it! Thank you in advance for keeping cars off the streets until the streets have been plowed from curb to curb.