Help spread generosity and cheer to individuals and families in need. The City of Coon Rapids has four donation opportunities for the holiday season. Collection bins are located in the front lobby of City Hall, 11155 Robinson Drive. Donations are accepted Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Deadline for donations: Tuesday, December 14 at 4:30 p.m.
For the 2021 holiday season, the City of Coon Rapids is partnering with the following organizations:
- Alexandra House- a non-profit shelter providing services to those fleeing domestic abuse.
- New or gently used winter wear (coats, hats, mittens, scarves, etc.)
- Children's sippy cups
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Toys for Joy- a non-profit group ensuring all children in Anoka County have gifts under their tree each year. Donations should be new and unwrapped.
- Puzzles and games
- Small electronics and accessories
- ACBC Food Shelf- a local non-profit agency providing food and clothing in Anoka County.
- Store-bought canned and boxed food
- Personal products such as toothpaste, toilet paper, etc.
- Granny's Closet of Anoka County - a non-profit organization serving the needs of seniors and disabled people.
- Paper goods such as toilet paper
- Personal care items such as soaps, lotion and toothpaste
Cash and check donations are also accepted at the front desk of City Hall.
Additional collection sites: Toys for Joy collection bins are also available at the following City facilities.
- Bunker Hills Golf Club, 12800 Bunker Prairie Rd NW
- Coon Rapids Ice Center, 11000 Crooked Lake Boulevard NW